East Fife Joinery Ltd are looking for a candidate for a fantastic opportunity to become a fully qualified joiner, once you have undertaken/passed your 4 year apprenticeship, with the help of all the site team/training instructors, this could be a great opportunity for someone with the right attitude and work ethic, to gain the qualifications to have a fantastic career in construction.
East Fife Joinery Ltd is a Fife based construction and maintenance company, operating throughout Fife, Edinburgh and Tayside.
EFJ is a well-established family run business with a proven track record in training apprentices. Projects range from minor works to large scale commercial projects and can be in commercial, housing and the fit out sector.
Duties will include
- Cut and shape timber for floorboards, skirting boards and window frames
- Make and assemble doors, window frames, staircases, and fitted furniture
- Fit wooden structures like floor and roof joists, roof timbers, staircases, partition walls, and door and window frames (first fixings)
- Install skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards, and shelving, as well as door handles and locks (second fixings)
- Construct truss and joiner made roof structures
- Any other duties required onsite including complying with health and Safety requirements. Full induction/training will be provided
- Attend college on a block release basis.
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to get to place of work or pick up point local to work is essential
- Polite and enthusiastic
- Good practical skills
- Numeracy and geometry skills
- Good at problem solving
- An excellent eye for detail
- Minimum Standard Grade 3 or above to include English and Mathematics